Winter is the prime time for rodent infestations, so it’s important to take preventative measures to protect your home from these unwanted pests. Here are a few tips that will help you prevent rodent infestations this winter:
1. Install screens on vents and chimneys to prevent rodents from entering your home through these openings.
2. Keep attics and crawlspaces dry and free of clutter, as excess moisture can attract rodents and make it easier for them to nest in these areas.
3. Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home, ideally on a rack or raised off the ground. This will reduce the risk of mice and other rodents climbing into your woodpile and nesting there or using it as a bridge into your home.
4. Replace loose weather-stripping around doors and windows, as well as old or damaged door sweeps, to prevent rodents from entering your home through these openings.
5. Seal any cracks and holes in the exterior of your home with steel wool or caulk to prevent mice, rats and other rodents from gaining access to your home.
6. Take out trash regularly, both inside and outside of your home, to prevent food waste from attracting unwanted pests like mice and rats.
7. Store all food in airtight containers, both indoors and outdoors, to prevent mice and other rodents from getting into it. Also be sure to keep all pet food stored away when not in use.
8. If you notice signs of a rodent infestation, such as droppings or chewed-up food packaging, it’s important to take immediate action by calling a professional pest control service like The Pest Force. With their help, you can quickly get rid of any unwanted pests and prevent them from returning in the future.
Taking preventative measures against rodent infestations is essential for protecting your home and ensuring a safe and comfortable winter season. By following these simple tips, you can keep your family and property safe from these unwanted pests year after year.